02 January 2009

Volkenburg, Holland Christmas Market 12/08

I 'spent the day' in Holland at the Volkenburg Christmas Market. This market is in the 'Velvet Caves'. It is literally in a large cave. Over 100 venders. It was unique. Where in the world can you 'spend the day' in another country!!!! My goal was to 'spend the day' going to the different Christmas Markets in other countries--I couldn't get anyone to go with me--go figure. Next year.It is interesting here in this area. When you are driving into a (some) town you can't see the fun streets with all the fun shops unless you know where to go and get out of your car and start walking. Most always there is a main street that has fun and unique shops and restaurants that is off the main road.This is my friend, DeAnn. We went to the Nuremburg, Mannhiem and Heidelberg Christmas Markets as well. FYI, these are all in Germany, for those of you who don't know your geograghy (I didn't 'til I got here).This is inside the caves. You can go to this site and read about the caves. http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Holland/valkenburg-christmas-market.html

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous I can't even see straight! I will go with you next year for sure.

    Heck, I'd even go with you next week... If I didn't live like 8,000 miles away.

    Sniff sniff.

    Looks like all is well on the German front!

    ReplyDelete